Web Survey Invitation Guidelines
1. Keep it BRIEF
2. Explain survey topic
3. Explain how they will benefit from completing the survey (improve programs
valuable to them, prize lottery, etc.)
4. Include a deadline for survey completion
5. Include a completion time estimate
6. Provide contact information for primary researcher
7. Provide contact/instructions for obtaining a print version
8. Provide instructions to be removed from list
9. Include statement of confidentiality/anonymity
10. Include survey URL and instructions for accessing the survey (see below)
Sample Email Invite:
Penn State World Campus is planning to offer a course on Web-Survey design online.
In an effort to make this program accessible to all its constituents, the World Campus is administering a short survey to selected business professionals. Your input can help us to create a program that will best suit your continuing education needs. We estimate that it will take you approximately 5 minutes to complete the survey.
The survey and a program description are located at the following web-site. Click on the hyperlink below, or cut and paste the entire URL into your browser.
We would appreciate a response by April 5, 2001.
Your answers to these questions are most important, and will be kept confidential (used only for the purposes of research for this project).
If you have any questions or would prefer to complete a paper survey please call us at 800-778-8632 or email ME at ME@outreach.psu.edu.
Marketing Research Associate
If you experience technical difficulties accessing or submitting the survey please contact Roger Garthwaite at 800-778-8632 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To be removed from this or any future mailings, please reply to this message and enter
"REMOVE" in the subject line.